Saturday, June 30, 2007

US Open


I just got back from watching the 3rd round of the Women's US Open that is being held at Pine Needles this year. Pine Needles is located in Pinehurst which is a 3 hour drive away from New Bern. I took my son, PFC John Tyson, who is stationed at Fort Bragg which is only about 10 miles from Pinehurst. He instantly fell in love with Natalie Gulbis, shown on the right, and naturally wanted to follow her around the entire round. Hey, not only is she drop dead gorgeous she is a player and should be in contention this weekend. I have not played any golf in Pinehurst in quite some years but having rediscovered the natural of the area expect I ill be back soon. Pine Needles is a beautiful tract, hilly almost like a mountain course and I think the players were really enjoying the challenge.

No comments: